Envest has a mix of direct to consumer and intermediated insurance products servicing niche and targeted growth markets.
Envest Direct Agencies
Envest has interests in three underwriting agencies which sell insurance products directly to customers. These agencies;
- Are unique branded agencies with niche target markets and/or innovative product
- Have agreements with an established media channel and/or brand aligned with a specific target market
- Use a low-cost distribution model (IT underwriting platform)
- Have the capacity to share administration and back-of-house services to create efficiencies and cost savings in the group.
Intermediated Underwriting Agencies
Envest has thirteen underwriting agency partners servicing the broker market and the majority have been funded since start-up. Our intermediated underwriting partners;
- Deliver niche and innovative product lines in marine, aviation, personal accident, agriculture and heavy motor
- Create a natural fit for the insurer in terms of risk appetite without a myriad of conflicts and provide distribution opportunities and further product development
- Are run by owner-operators that have intimate knowledge and experience in their niche (best in class)
Through our Envest Ecosystem, we seek to leverage our industry relationships to connect agencies with brokers.
Some highlight successes of our underwriting agencies include:
Club 4X4 – Club 4X4 was formed around a campfire, when a group of like-minded 4X4 enthusiasts made the decision to approach and partner with an insurer to develop a specialist insurance product for the 4×4 market to cater for those of us who enjoying going off the beaten track.
Envest took a minority interest in Club 4×4 during the start-up phase and assisted with creating a partnership with the Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (Hollard), an Australian licensed and regulated insurer.
Allstate Underwriting – Allstate Underwriting was “born in the bush” in 2008 when a group of regional brokers came together to debate how best to fill a void in the market at that time. It’s strategy today is underpinned by service excellence in both underwriting and claims.
Blue Zebra Insurance – Australian owned and innovation driven, Blue Zebra believe passionately in the role of the advice model in insurance. Blue Zebra empowers brokers with access to a simple, digitally-enabled insurance process, from obtaining a quote to settling claims.